AQUASCOPE 550 – Acoustic Water Leak Detection Kit
The AquaScope 550 is the world’s first and only acoustic leak detector to have “frequency shifting” to assist in the pinpointing of low frequency leaks found in PVC and large diameter pipes. Furthermore, the AquaScope 550 possesses impressive amplification capabilities. The professional leak hunter will therefore find even difficult leaks that are undetectable with other equipment. With a host of other advanced features, this must be the acoustic microphone of choice for the demanding leak operator.
- Powerful and intelligent – hear the inaudible noise: The unique feature “Frequency Shifting” makes audible what was once not audible: It lifts otherwise inaudible low frequency noise (below 30 Hz) that is common for leaks in plastic pipes or large diameter pipes to a higher, readily audible frequency band. Manual filters are userprogrammable in blocks of 40Hz. A large graphical display transforms the crystal digital sound into a visual frequency spectrum showing a clear peak of the leak and aiding the advanced technician to pinpoint the most difficult leaks with ease.
- Simple operation and versatile for all situations: With only 2 buttons/dials on the control unit and 3 pre-set filter ranges, the operation of the AQUASCOPE 550 is very quick and easy. The amplifier can also be activated and deactivated with a trigger button directly on the microphone, leaving the other hand free to carry other tools. A twin headphone socket enables a second operator to listen in. The “Minimum Level Profiling” function enables the operator to record leak values that are independent of passing traffic and other ambient noises. The AQUASCOPE 550 latches to the lowest noise recorded at each sounding. The last eight readings are displayed as bar chart showing the operator whether he is moving away from or closer to the leak.
- Built for frequent use and a long life: The AQUASCOPE 550 has an ergonomic design and a very solid, yet light-weight body that was designed specifically for utilities that are faced with the everyday challenge of finding leaks on plastic and large diameter pipes. The microphones are constructed of robust high-grade stainless steel and rubber for comfort and stability. The AQUASCOPE 550 is highly reliable and virtually maintenance-free which makes it an extremely cost-effective product over its expected lifetime. GUTERMANN provides a 2-year factory warranty like on all other products from GUTERMANN.
- With ground microphone or electronic listening stick: The AQUASCOPE 550 comes with the choice of either a ground microphone or an electronic listening stick (hand probe), or as combined kit. The ground microphone ‘foot’ is robust, weather proof and acoustically shielded against non-leak interference. It is particularly suitable for leak surveys on flat grounds and roads. The versatile hand probe incorporates a handle and the same highperformance sensor as the ground microphone. It and allows direct listening on fittings or – with a tripod foot magnetically attached to it – on soft grounds and on walls.
- 1 x Amplifier with Neck Strap
- 1 x Acoustic Microphone for use with rods, tripod or magnet
- 1 x Ground Microphone
- 1 x Cable (Amplifier to Microphone)
- 2 x Extension Rods and 1 Pointed Rod
- 1 x Magnet
- 1 x Tripod Foot
- 1 x Headphones
- Carry Case
- Aviation Quality Headphones