ZONESCAN AMI Integrated Leak Detection System
The GUTERMANN AMI leak detection technology combines the strengths of leak-detection technology from GUTERMANN and established two-way fixed network AMI technology from partnering AMI companies (currently Aclara and Birdz), yielding a more powerful, efficient method of detecting water main leaks. Deployed at regular intervals throughout the water pipeline network (attached to valves via the integrated magnetic base), the ZONESCAN AMI loggers monitor and analyse noise characteristics within the pipe network and can detect the presence and pinpoint the location of a leak. Previously, this data has been retrieved manually or using drive-by technology.
GUTERMANN’s ZONESCAN AMI correlating loggers can be wire-connected to AMI systems which have the capacity to automate the collection, retrieval, and analysis of acoustic data recorded by the ZONESCAN sensors. Thanks to a two-way communication within the AMI network, the sound data is recorded in a time-synchronised manner and transmitted back to the GUTERMANN servers for further analysis and display on a Google Maps interface (GUTERMANN CLOUD).
To date, GUTERMANN has integrated with the following two AMI systems:
The result is a system that provides critical water distribution system knowledge with only minimal operator involvement. Once the units are deployed, operators can select study parameters and analyse results at the utility office. No manual or drive-by data collection is required. The addition of ZONESCAN loggers to an AMI network gives AMI customers a powerful tool to quantify and reduce system water losses. It allows utilities to compare total water consumption to water production to get a gross estimate of system water loss. ZONESCAN AMI RTUs can then be deployed in targeted areas of the pipeline network to identify the presence and specific location of leaks. Repair crews can be dispatched with confidence to leak locations that have been identified.
- GUTERMANN AMI acoustic loggers with watertight connector cable
- Circular, non-metallic lid unit with built-in radio module and battery
- ZONESCAN NET and GUTERMANN CLOUD software license
- Transmit/receive frequency: Aclara 450-470 MHz FCC part 90 licensed; Birdz: 868 MHz
- Antenna: Internal
- Cable length: 2 meters (6 feet) with watertight connector
- Data transmission: Once per day (but customizable upon request)
- Battery life: min. five years
- Operating temp range: Aclara -30°C to +70°C; Birdz -10°C à +55°C
- Operating humidity: 0-100% condensing
- IP rating: IP68
- Transmit power: Aclara 1 W; Birdz: 20 mW